I don’t think that it’s fair to choose favorites from this week–so many great things have happened, I have mentioned quite a bit of it. How about I give voice to the
Top 5 unsung heroes from the week:
1) My new plie tights from Athleta. I meant to take a pick of me wearing them, but I was busy making friends at yoga! I thought that you all would understand.
I really, really like them–they are so comfortable, and even though I started off practicing yoga at CPY in booty shorts (largely a hold over from my Bikram Practice), I now love the feel of the over-the-ankle tights. I think that they help me retain my inner heat much better (for obvious reasons), and I think that they look really cool too 😀
2) Packing heat to the movie (Captain America) yesterday. Sometimes your giant Coke Zero needs a little Appletons in it. Hey, we didn’t get any popcorn or candy in anticipation of dinner…. After all, we were going to Seasons 52 😀
3) Clean sheets and a (relatively) clean apartment. It’s the little things, right? And a clean fridge? YES. And the fact that my apartment people are a) johnny-on-the-spot when it comes to repairs, and b) going to steam clean our carpeting for us? YES. I’m not really sure how they are going to do it with the area rugs, though. Hmmmmm.
4) Making plans for my future as a blogger and a businesswoman. It isn’t going to be an easy road, but I am excited that I feel confident enough to go for it. I will have some details on it tomorrow for my Long Run post, so stay tuned!
5) Being able to enjoy the sunset 2 nights in a row with Alex. First off, the weather has not been advantageous for such enjoyment–not clear enough and not the right atmospheric conditions for those beautiful cranberries and corals and oranges of summer sunsets. Secondly–the fact that Alex was out early enough to be able to enjoy it with me. And that he had a day off for the first time in 10 days.
6) A quick #strangebutgood unsung hero: Dried Golden Berries. Try them. They’re a little crazy, but sooooo good in oats.
I’m not one to leave you all with 2 super short posts in 2 days, even though the Seasons review was rather sizable (and another to come!!). So how about we do another 5? Keeping in mind the onset of baseball season and also the movie yesterday, let’s do favorite beers and popcorn!
Top 5 Ready-to-Enjoy Popcorns:
Whether you enjoy it dry or as a cereal!
1) ANYTHING by 479 Popcorn. I could choose all 5 from this company, but I’m trying to be diplomatic.
2) Boom Chicka Pop Sweet and Salty
2) Lesser Evil Chia Pop White Cheddar
4) Trader Joe’s Reduced Guilt Kettle Corn Snack Bags
5) Cracker Jack. The classic. So. good.
Top 5 Beers—
Again, trying to be diplomatic, so a casting a broad net.
1) Crabbies Ginger Beer.
2) Goose Island Honker’s Ale
3) Xingu Black Lager or Duck Rabbit Porter
4) Paulaner Hefeweizen
5) 5 Rabbit Brewery 5 Lizard
Crabbies, Xingu, and the 5 Lizard are definitely new takes on the same-old, same-old. Crabbies is a stellar ginger brew, Xingu tastes like stout and drinks like a lager, and 5 Lizard is a Mexican party in a bottle. Pair it with some caramel popcorn cereal? So #strangebutgood.
Have you had any of these beers before? What was your unsung hero from the week?