Hey everyone! I hope that you all had a great weekend!
Normally, I come at you all on Monday with a sweeping recap, of an epic weekend, but this time, I’m going to do things a bit differently. Because, this weekend was a bit different! No, nothing too extraordinarily different, especially for a blogger, but different for me!
I was a “stereotypical blogger”—food shopping, running, compression pants, eating, recipe development, food prepping, napping, and Despicable Me 2. The only things missing were kale, coconut flour, chia, and flax. And a real garden.
Alex and I were going to have a date night on Friday night, but Thursday and Friday he had rough days at the hospital and got home late both nights. And then Saturday (our 6 year dating anniversary, natch) he started nights. So bye bye hubs. HELLO ZOE.
Because we didn’t go out Friday, I went ahead with my long run Saturday, and it was great. It was also supposed to rain all weekend. Well, the weather was absolute perfection for me (and then foggy Sunday, but I didn’t care) The run was fantabulous–I killed it. The only thing is that my quad is bothering me a little—I think just a bit overtired from the week, maybe a little strain but going to massage/ice/compress per usual. I decided not to go to yoga (per usual) because of it. Instead. I took a nap (after protein oats and cottage cheese, obvs).
And then I fulfilled my person-of-the-world requirement, and Alex and I watched Despicable Me 2.
I have to say, I liked it better than Frozen. I thought it was AWESOME. The minions are fantastical. SOOOOO fantastical. And I love the kids, and Gru, and it was the perfect length of time for my ADHD brain. And then I got to work on my list. My list of recipes on tap for you all.
I wanted to get on it while I had the inspiration and the time. And so, I present to you, for the purposes of MEATLESS MONDAY and also for input, a list of upcoming Suzlyfe Recipes!
- Gluten Free Triple Chocolate Protein Muffins
- Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Banana Protein Muffins (based on the Token Creek GF Muffins)
- Gluten Free Quinoa Power Muffins
- Gluten Free Chocolate Zucchini Power Muffin Tops
- Peach Yonana Bread (an old favorite of mine, but I need to take pictures!
- Pumped up Chocolate Chip Banana Protein Bread (Another version, this is one that I have made countless times and is one of my absolute favorite recipes ever)
- Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread Muffins (my own recipe, 2 ways)
- Apple Cider Chai Scones
- Rosemary Pumpkin Turkey Chili/Sloppy Joes
- Eggplant Lasagna (my own version)
- And the ultimate in recovery fuel: Savory Banana Oats
I am telling you all about these recipes because I was hoping to have some input on which you would like to see first! I was anticipating presenting the triple chocolate muffins first (as I already have them tested and husband and ice cream approved), and the Savory Banana Oats, as many of us are starting to hit our peak mileage weeks in marathon training.
Yesterday, I did some major, major food prep. Like balls-to-the-walls-crazy food prep. What did I do? I cooked/prepped:
- One of the upcoming recipes.
- Spaghetti squash
- Green Beans
- Sweet potato
- Mini Peppers
- Baked Chicken
- Pan Asian Sauce for Alex
- Alex’s dinner for work.
Other things I worked on this weekend? The EASIEST EVER Stuffed Peppers Recipe. Literally 5 ingredients, MAX. I gave it to Alex Friday (when he came home) and sent it with him Saturday night to work (along with a 3xchoco muffin). Homeskillet be eating wellllll.
The plan for this week? Convince myself that Amateur Hour is over, and get ish done.
- Stop watching so much Mad Men. Seriously. I just put it on in the background, and next thing I know, I am done with Season 3. I finished the Tudors Wednesday. Goodness.
- Finish my demographics study (I have the data, need to figure out how to put it into a report).
- Foam roll the bejeezus out of myself. Get my booty to yoga. Stretch and take care.
- Get Friday off. MY FAMILY IS COMING TO TOOOOOOWWWWNNNNNN. Also? It is impossible to get a rezzo for 5 on Friday/Saturday in Chicago. Like WTF.
- Clean the damn apartment.
- Paint my nails. Hey, it’s the big things in life.
What are you trying to get done this weekend?
Which recipes do you want to see first??
Tell me one moment of your weekend that made you blissfully happy.