So, my goal is to make this post as non-marathon-focused as possible, because otherwise I think you all might just want to punch me in the face.
1) I. have. finally. gotten. real. business. cards.
I spoke a bit about the importance of labels/titles and how I was finally content with me new position and title a few weeks ago. It is an ongoing joke/source of amusement/consternation for Alex and I that I have never had a legit business card. I’ve made some for myself in the past, but I’ve never had a third party card. And YYYYYAAAAAYYYYY now I do! I just joined NAPW, and I want to start really networking and getting myself out there on behalf of the business.
2) While I was getting my official business cards, I also had some blog cards made!
Not sure how I’ll put them to use, but hey, I’ve got them. And they be prettay.
3) Like my new shoes!
4) NO STORES CARRY ROYAL BLUE RIBBON. I need it to do my job. Seriously. Freaking annoying.
5) I had several marathon-related things to say, but I stifled them for your sakes 😀 You are welcome. But I can’t promise anything tomorrow.
6) This. Is. Delicious.
It literally tastes like a cinnamon apple that has been juiced and boozed up. IE AMAZING.
7) Also amazing? The Bison Burger, Sweet Potato Fries, and Ahi Tuna Salad that I shared with my mommy the night of the marathon.
Brioche bun. Slab bacon. Super crispy and fluffy fries. Gold beets with seared tuna. And ginger spiced whiskey with gingerale and lemon and lime. No pictures. Was inhaled. Probably could have talked about that yesterday, but I wanted to chat about a certain crusted salmon recipe.
8) ALEX AND I ARE GOING BACK TO CHARLOTTESVILLE IN DECEMBER.
omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg. Let’s recap: I saw my mom and 2 great friends last weekend. I see my fam and Georgia during Thanksgiving, and I get to see Alex’s fam and go back to Cville for 3 nights in December. Who am going to get to see in January?
9) I GET TO MEET THIS KID THIS WEEKEND.
This is either very good for her or very bad. I will
likely corrupt her.
10) I am seriously overdo for a cuddle with several of my people.
These thoughts of being able to see other people just make more needy. I need my people in and around me.
11) First I run out of Jolly Oak, then Tasty Makes, and now Jessica’s, the granola to which I alluded last week. What am I going to do??? Also, it is weird to think that I won’t need to be stockpiling bananas for anyone other than Alex. Or worrying about him taking my long run banana.
12) and I leave you with fun things that I saw on the drive to and from Minneapolis. Again, these are only the things that I stopped to take pictures of, not all the things that I saw.
And a few pretty things.
What is the weirdest thing that you have ever come across while driving?
Do you like game meats? Potato wedges or curly fries?