Today’s cross training discussion examines the benefits of the Lagree Fitness Method for runners. Studio Lagree takes reformer pilates to the next level for everyone! Link up with Running Coaches Corner!
Studio Lagree offered me a pack of sessions to try out their classes. All opinions, experiences, and reactions are my own!
You know how I have been talking about a new workout that was kicking my butt? It is the Lagree Fitness Method at Studio Lagree. It is no secret that I have been trying to rekindle my love for strength training, get over my fears of bringing my body back on line, and rebuild my running muscles to prevent future injury. I’ve hit some potholes in that road of return, but I feel like I am finally starting to make some progress again. And I owe that progress in large part to Studio Lagree and the Lagree Fitness Method.
Lagree Fitness Method : More than Just Pilates or Strength Training
First of all, I highly recommend that you check out this explanation of the science behind the Lagree Fitnes Method. That page does more justice to the method than I ever could, but I am going to try to paraphrase enough to convince you that you need to know more and need to CHECK OUT THIS PAGE.
Put simply, LAGREE FITNESS™ is the only workout that EFFECTIVELY combines Strength, Endurance, Cardio, Balance, Core and Flexibility training not only in one session but in each and every move. The key term here is effective. Lagree Fitness™ is intense on the muscles, but low-impact and safe on the joints, spine, and connective tissues.
The Lagree Fitness Method at Studio Lagree
I have loved the reformer since my first stint in physical therapy (before the blog), and I have loved the Megaformer since I was introduced to it at Body R + D. Unfortunately, I didn’t have the best experience at Body R+D, and after 2 sessions, I’ve not returned. I can tell you right now, that I will be returning to Studio Lagree.
Why I Love Studio Lagree
- Fantastic Staff : I don’t know how they did it, but everyone there was super welcoming and made it a point to know your name and use your name during class. Sure, it is a little consideration, but you know how much I love a shout out!
- M3 Megaformer: The M3 is a dream–I loved the eye holes that you can use for better grip, and the spring system on this machine is different than the standard reformer or even Megaformer–these springs go under the carriage, rather than in front of it, which protects you from pinches as well as is much easier to adjust. The movement is extremely smooth, and there are a ton more levels of resistance to play with. These Megaformers are only available at Lagree Fitness studios.
- The Workout: Having now taken 5 workouts from 4 different instructors, I can tell you that I have never had the same workout twice, nor have I had the same music! Even when I had the same instructor twice, I had a different workout.
- Workout Structure: I loved the pyramid like structure of the workouts: you start with core, move to legs on one side, peak with arms, do the same legs on the other side, and then finish with core again. This structure kept the workout moving and also gave you plenty of time to recover from the major legs workout! And you know that I am allllll about the unilateral core and glutes (and legs!).
- Workout Variety: Sure, there are some moves that appeared multiple times, but each instructor has their own style and drive their own workout. It is like watching a police serial: you got to know the cast of characters, language, and procedure, but you didn’t always know how you were going to get from point A to B. Just enough familiarity but with enough unknown.
- The Studio itself: Though red and black isn’t my favorite color scheme (it is Alex’s favorite, though, lol), I loved the rehabilitated industrial look. Think a luxe leather motorcycle jacket over skinny jeans–accessible badassery. Like myself 😀
Obviously, I was a huge fan of Studio Lagree, and I think I might find myself buying a package for the future! Not only was the experience excellent, but I think that it will be a great way for me to continue to challenge myself and reassess how I am doing as I redevelop many of my running muscles.
And just which running muscles are getting worked on?
The Benefits of Lagree Fitness Method for Runners
If you have paid any attention to me, you know that I can’t preach the benefits of a comprehensive and balanced strengthening program to supplement and complement your running program. Pilates and yoga are excellent additions to any runner’s program, and I really recommend reformer pilates and Lagree Fitness Method on the Megaformer even more so. Here are just some of the benefits of the Lagree Method at Studio Lagree:
- Small Class Size for Individualized Attention
- Top of the Line Equipment–Megaformers are only available to Lagree Fitness Method studios!
- Infinite Variety of Exercises and Movements + Resistance Levels
- Completely Scaleable, Adaptable, and Adjustable to your Fitness Level and Any Restrictions or Considerations
- Flexibility and Range of Motion Improvements
- Resistance Help to Gently Increase ROM and Flexibility
- Freedom of Movement + Resistance = Instability which Means that You Get all the Little Guys Recruited!
- Concentric and Eccentric Muscle Contractions Help to Build Strength Without Using Excessive Weight
- Dynamic and Isometric Exercises also Contribute to Strength Gains!
- High Reps Lead to Major Endurance Gains!
- **Major Emphasis on Core and Glute Activation and Engagement**
This last benefit, in conjunction with all the others, means that runners, GET THE TO A STUDIO LAGREE OR LAGREE FITNESS METHOD STUDIO. Can you accomplish all of these things with regular pilates, strength training, yoga, etc? Of course. But rarely can you do it all simultaneously as you can at Studio Lagree.
Look here to find a Lagree Fitness Studio near you! And yes, there are studios teaching this method around the world, and they have links to those studios at that link!Why runners should get to a @LagreeFitness Studio NOW #runchat #crosstraining #fitfluential Click To Tweet
I am linking up with myself, Rachel, Lora, and Debbie for Running Coaches Corner, Patty, Erika, and Marcia for Tuesdays on the Run, Nicole, Annmarie, Michelle, and Jen for Wild Workout Wednesday, and Ilka and Angela for Food and Fitness Sunday.