As I said in my post on Monday, this weekend I did a good job of putting away some breakfast foods. I am calling the post “it is so ordered” in reference to the fact that a) it was Pride Weekend, b) my food, as always, was awesomely colorful–remember, my food doesn’t do quiet either!— and c) did quite a bit of eating out! Buckle up, kids, as this is likely to be the closest I will get to a true WIAW for a loooong time!
I’m also going to throw in Friday night’s dinner because it was the only meal that involved eating “properly.” And it still wasn’t a standard meal!
Friday: Doc B’s Fresh Kitchen
- The Internal Affair Margarita (Avion Tequila, Jalapeno, Basil, Pineapple, Lime)
- Sweet Potato Chips with Homemade Guacamole with Crudite Vegetable Platter (as a side, minus the dipping sauce)
And yes, that is the side. (in all fairness, it is sitting on top of ice, but omg that was a lot of veggies. Thus why I got an app for my main!
- No. 1 Ahi Tuna Spring Rolls (OMG amazing–ahi and giardiniera)
Saturday/Sunday: All the Breakfast Foods
(showing the similarity between the two days with the splits!)
(These should seem pretty similar to my Fueling Post favorites!
- (Pre-Run) Cliff Z Bar + Cereal + Half Banana
- (Post Run) Greek Yogurt + Cinnamon Raisin Bagel Thin + Peanut Butter Company Mighty Maple PB
- (First Breakfast) Multigrain English Muffin + Jam + Earth Balance Coconut Peanut Butter + Cereal
- (Pre Workout) Cottage Cheese + Love Grown O’s
Lunch (Both Days):
MASSIVE Egg White Omelets (you know I don’t like egg yolks) filled to the brim with veggies
- Saturday: Tempo Cafe (Gold Coast) with Alex (and half of his steakhouse fries)
- Sunday: Nookies (Lincoln Park/Old Town) with Erica
And because I know you all aren’t idiots, yes, those picture are of the same omelet. But take the broccoli, mushrooms, and cauliflower out of the omelet and take the orange off the plate and you have the same meal both days!
- Saturday: Double Bowl of Love Grown O’s (finish the bag)
- Sunday: Samples while shopping (thanks Whole Foods and Plum Market)
Breakfast for Dinner:
- Saturday: Blueberry Kodiak Cakes Power Cakes Protein Pancakes with Mighty Maple Peanut Butter, syrup, and sprinkles (always) + other things…. aka I don’t remember!
- Sunday: Giant bowl of Kashi Go Lean Crisp Berry Crumble (finish the bag!) + 2 servings of cottage cheese (finish the container #Ihaveaproblem)
Later on (both days):
- Ice cream x2 with pb and cereal
- Yummy Health Yummy Snacks: Pizza flavored cheese chips (Saturday) and Cookie Dough Bar (Sunday)
- String Cheese
- Snacks 101 Baked Sweet and Spicy Sriracha Popcorn (another #finishthebag)
(quite good but a bit over concentrated at times. However, if you like sriracha, go for it!)
See what I mean when I say I had a pretty hilarious weekend of eats?! Let’s be honest, I didn’t feel like going to the grocery store, I did food prep for Alex (add that to the tally as well, because you know I nibbled away at that!) and didn’t really feel like doing it for me, and I had such massive lunches that were so protein and veggie centric both days that I wasn’t really feeling anything composed, haha. Plus, after having so much fun with Cooked, I was totally out of practice with making my own meals, haha!
Obviously I didn’t take pictures of EVERYTHING, but I wanted you all to know what my “feedings” often consist of, how I balance my macros, and how not every weekend is filled with some sort of food event! Also, now you know how much of an issue my #finishthebag tendencies can be. However, I am going to need to have another re-calibration of my eating habits very soon to correspond with my increasing mileage and changes in training. As I have said, nutrition is a major part of my recovery, so I need to start focusing on sources of more dense nutrition and getting in more calories earlier in the day.
Either way, I had a delicious weekend 😀 And a vegetarian one (after Friday) at that!
And I still need to go to the grocery store…. for things other than cereal and sweet potatoes and yogurt. But I had an event Monday night and coaching last night, and we have a shmorgasbord of boys staying with me this weekend, so I might be trying out one of the other new food delivery companies I have just been introduced to….Eat #allthebreakfastfoods. @Suzlyfe certainly did! #WIAW #fitfluential #runchat Click To Tweet
When was the last time that you stopped the clock re: expected meals? What is your favorite time of day to have breakfast foods?
Raise your hand if you have to #finishthebag!