This Lean Green Kale Hummus is vegan, gluten free, high in protein, and perfect for your St. Patrick’s Day Party or any time you want a superfood boost! Check out my Friday Catch All at the end of the post!
Lean Green Kale Hummus (Gluten Free, Vegan)
Ok, so you know that Alex and I LOVE hummus. LOVE it. Like guacamole, I used to not really like it (or, at the very least, it didn’t like me), but after giving my body and tastebuds time, I now love both of those things. Something else I have come around to? Kale. I used to only like it steamed with lemon juice, but now? Give it to me in a soup, give it to me raw, and now…. give it to me in hummus!
I recently got a helluva lot of kale (getting me excited for my CSA this summer!), and so I needed to come up with a way to use it. Plus, I just so happened to have a can of garbanzo beans languishing in my cupboard. Well, that doesn’t take too much imagination, does it?
Even better? This Kale Hummus recipe is the perfect base for something else super tasty and awesome, which will be coming at you soon!
All you need here is a food processor. Well, you probably also need a can opener. And the will not to eat the entire thing at once. This kale hummus recipe is vegan, gluten free, and approved for just about everything, lol. I LOVED it with the blue corn chips (on sale at the grocery store, natch). Get the kale hummus recipe below, and then DIG IN!
Looking for another way to get in veggies without even thinking? Make my allergy friendy Cauliflower Crust!
Use this recipe to make my Baked Kale Falafel!
Lean Green Kale Hummus (Gluten Free, Vegan)
This Lean Green Kale Hummus is vegan, gluten free, high in protein, and perfect for your St. Patrick's Day Party or any time you want a superfood boost!
- 6 cups (6 oz) Fresh Kale
- 1 can (15.3 oz) Garbanzo Beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1-2 Tbsp Garlic Powder OR 1-3 cloves Garlic (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp dried Parsley or 2 Tbsp fresh Parsley
- 1/2 Tbsp dried Cilantro or 2 Tbsp fresh Cilantro
- dash of Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Peanut Butter or Nut Butter of Choice (optional)
- Olive Oil to taste
- Add ingredients to food processor and process until desired texture. Serve and enjoy!
Now, let’s wrap up the week with the Friday Catch All.
1) Apparently, I’m all about the green food and drinks this week (I’m just a trendsetter, I have a feeling that everyone will be doing the green food and drinks thing soon. Just you watch! ;D Case in point: This margarita the size of my head (and the guacamole that went with it). I obviously ate far too much of the kale hummus as well! As well as what I used some of it to create… after having a snack. I HAVE NO CONTROL. #allforyoshi
When it’s $10 off the 45 1/2 oz jumbo margs the last few days before your embryo transfer… you go big or go home. Got my avocado and salt per @bumps2baby wisdom and whole grains allll day to help that lining. And no, I did not drink this all myself. I ate all the chips myself tho… updates on my #ivfjourney and something else majorly on my mind tomorrow on the blog! Cheers, friends!
2) Speaking of green things, Yoshi gets implanted tomorrow. My little embryos qualified for a 5 day transfer, so that means that we go in tomorrow. Continuing to freak out. Obviously eating my feelings. Honestly don’t care.
3) Winter has returned, and the forecast for the weekend/Sunday/Monday states “Flurries or a snow squall.” So, either we will be wandering around in a delightful sprinkling of snow, or we will be stuck inside trying to right it all out. By the end of the week? Back to the 50s. WINTER YOU ARE SOOOOOO DRUNK.
4) Did I mention I am nervous? Oh, yeah, guess I did. Ummmmmmm ok, f it. I am nervous.
5) OH I know. Alex and I got to see an old Med school friend of ours (the husband of the couple that I stayed with the first night that I was in Minneapolis for the Twin Cities Marathon), and it was just lovely to see him. They need to come back this summer so we can actually have a real visit (he was here for interviews, and I had just helped Alex with that marg and was very sleepy).
In other news, my mom is coming for my entire birthday weekend! Alex is going to be in Austin for a bachelor party, and he basically forbade me from going (sorry, Carla and Nicole and Lauren), so when my mom asked when might be a good time to come up, I jumped on that opportunity! GIRL PARTY
Miss a post from the week? Get caught up:
- Shoulda Coulda Woulda (Weekend Recap)
- Anesthesia Drunk (Egg Retrieval #2)
- Small Changes to Elevate Your Healthy Lifestyle (Coaches Corner)
- IVF and ADD Thoughts
That’s all I got for now. Right now I am stress eating and drinking and trying not to think about things. So, distract me in the comments! Have a great weekend!
Distract me with something fun and fascinating!!
Kale, Hummus, Kale Hummus–you in?