These dang colds just won’t quit! Luckily, though, my mom is back in town, and it is my birthday weekend! Before we get ahead of ourselves, it is Friday Catch Up time.
Did you see the Weekend Catch Up?
Friday Catch Up 4/6
1) Ugggggh this cold. I still feel fine, just am coughing up and blowing my nose a ton, but poor Emmie got hit pretty hard with her nascent immune system. She is still coughing up stuff, but at least her reflux is better–it got REALLY bad Sunday into Monday. Poor thing felt horrific on Monday, and if she was awake, the likelihood is that she was crying. I was honestly about at my wit’s end by 3 PM and, for the first time, I asked Alex to come home straightaway after work. Ultimately, she was doing ok when he was on his way home, so I told him he could go to the gym, but #knowyourlimits people. I wasn’t angry at the poor little thing, I just needed a break.
For example, she wore 5 different oufits that day between spitting up and poosplosions.
Alex has been great about trying to get home and help with Em this week–the days have been long, and the nights a bit rough at times. Still not our worst week, but I will be very glad when I have the child of last week back! I think we are on the right track, or at least I hope!
2) Lets talk about cuteness overload for a minute. Emmie finally outgrew her Penguin Suit, and after much deliberation, I sized her up to a Polar Bear Suit. OMGGGGGGGGGG
It has been freezing here this week (this always happens, so unlike the rest of Facebook, I am not surprised), so pants were necessary.
2) The big development this week has been the addition of Skippy to our family. Skippy is from SkipHop, thus his name, and Emmie love him. She actually plays with him and stares at him, and she is starting to make more deliberate moves in that regard. She is also starting to like Peekaboo type games (we have one of “It’s a chicken, it’s a Daddy!” that makes her smile). Her smiles are also much more natural now–she sees us and smiles in reaction! Very cool. She is also working on that laugh!
I can’t wait to play with her and her new playmat/gym this weekend! I bought it as a birthday present for me. I have a feeling it won’t be the last time I buy myself something but it is actually for my child, or that I buy something for my child that is actually for me!
Well, I’m also buying myself a pair of shoes to replace my beloved wedges that died in Apsen, but since they are replacements, it is just an equal exchange, right? Kind of like net energy, where even if you go up the stair, as long as you return to the start, the energy = 0?
4) Something not so cute? I started birth control again this week in order to protect my bones (remember, my body has issues producing hormones on its own), and have had night sweats every night since. Which is funny, because usually you get night sweats from low levels of hormones, but you do you, body. I’m going to try to give it 2 weeks, if not the full cycle, but it is hard enough getting restful sleep with an infant. It is also playing with my appetite, which is already ridiculous–I just can’t get full. The joys of breastfeeding + being on the pill. Weee.
5) MY MOM IS BACK!! I have been super fortunate to have been able to spend a number of my adult birthdays with her since being out of school, and we’ve now made it a bit of a tradition. I’m pretty sure that she is here for Emmie and Ridley, but whatever. She can watch them while Alex and I get a date night! He was on call last night, tonight we hope that he will get off relatively early (though he will have to commute from the VA), so I’m going to cook, and then we will go out Saturday night. Mom leaves in the evening on Sunday, so we will still have tons of time with her that day. I might go to a class Sunday morning (I’m going to a Power Yoga class this morning) because we will have all hands on deck, she will be leaving later, and I likely won’t get to for a few weekends after that. We will see!