You must try this delicious Fusion BBQ Sauce Recipe! It is gluten free and vegan, as well as only five ingredients. Plus, check out my dynamic warm up for runners!
My girl Ange is on vacation, and asked if I would like to help her laze about. I encourage laziness, so I obviously wanted to facilitate her objective. You all know well and good by now that I have had, and continue to have, to deal with a string of injuries and the specter of my body giving out on my at just about any moment (or so it seems. I live in fear). Well, it has sucked for me, but allow me to let these lessons benefit you!
Today I am guest posting at CowgirlRuns with a comprehensive Warm Up Routine for Runners–the focus is on engaging, mobilizing, and activating your glutes, lower back, and legs to help you run more effectively, thereby postponing fatigue, encouraging proper alignment, and, hopefully, preventing injury. Head over there and see what I am talking about! And feel free to contact me with more questions!
And now, for some Friday Favorites, Recipe Style.
Quick favorite moment of the week: Yesterday, my boss coming by and high fiving me and saying “Great job today. You’re killing it. I hope that you feel that you are.” SWOON
And now on to food 😀
This recipe comes from when I was sick and then beastly. You will love the Fusion BBQ sauce that I made–I cooked carnitas in it and let the flavor meld and OMGOMGOMGOMG, but, as I say later, I see this as working with just about any protein, from chicken to tofu to TVP. I hope you all enjoy!
Gluten Free, Lactose Free, and Vegan. The vegan-ness will be limited by the protein used, but the sauce itself is!
Fusion BBQ Sauce Recipe (Vegan, Gluten Free)
- Gochuchang (I like Cindy's Kitchen, it is also GF) See this post for more!
- Low Sodium Broth (I used Chicken, but could use veggie broth)
- Crushed or Whole Pineapple, Chopped (if canned, reserve liquid, if fresh, may need more liquid)
- 1-2 Garlic Cloves (peeled, cut in half)
- 1/2 Tbsp Cilantro (dried)
- Combine all ingredients in a small sauce pot.
- Bring to boil, reduce to simmer! Let come together for about 15 minutes. Taste as it works and adjust flavor balance as desired. Gochuchang is spicy, so use the pineapple as necessary. The broth and water help to thin the sauce. Could substitute BBQ sauce, but I would expect to use way less pineapple and maybe add some hot sauce or jalapeno to cook in it.
- I used the following ratios: 2:1:1:1 Gochuchang : Broth : Pineapple (with liquid) : Water
Seriously. EASY PEASY LEMON SQUEEZEY. But fan freaking tastic.
Head over to Ange’s blog and check out my warm up! It will be perfect for your runs/races this weekend.
Any new great cheater-sauces/recipes out there? You know I like a good Semi-Homemade moment! But minus Sandra Lee. She is a fembot.