I’ve been dealing so major first world problems of late. Explanations of what has been going on as well as some other life updates!
Friday Catch Up
Posts You May Have Missed (thanks, blog)
- Our Amazing Evening at Cavalia (potentially lost)
- Unique and Meaningful Gifts for Mother’s Day
- Building Mental Strength with Celebrity Trainers Chris Ryan and Wes Okerson (Coaches Corner) + Giveaway!
1) UGH the blog. So, here is the deal. I’ve switched hosting companies, but there was a lag between signing up with the new host and switching my name servers (because they ended up being hidden rather than straightforward). When I FINALLY figured out how to change the name servers on Wednesday, there was a snafu and the transfer got botched. Thus why you got the 404 error, though some people didn’t get it and were able to get to the site. I don’t understand.
To make a VERY long and complicated and asinine and I’ve been on the phone or online chat during every break since Tuesday afternoon (when I was still trying to fix the name servers).
Right now we are trying to restore the back up that I had of the blog (thank goodness for Blogvault!), and then I was lucky to have a second copy of my post from Wednesday. I also have emails sent for comments, so, if worst comes to worst, I will take a few hours this weekend, republish the posts, and put in the comments, one by one, by hand. If I have to do that, I will lose the Cavalia post, which is a real bummer, because I really laid it out there with my discussion of my current relationship to horses and the horse world, but if that is what happens, that is what happens.
2) It was interesting: The start of these problems happened SMACK in the middle of 3 important posts, one of which was sponsored and the other two were important reviews and relationships. Add to that the fact that I realized that the name servers were having issues 30 minutes before starting dinner shift on Tuesday, meaning that there would be nothing that I could do about it once I started working. On Wednesday, when I started realizing that people couldn’t get to the post, that my blog was having significant issues, I was also needing to take the dog out (Alex couldn’t walk because he pulled his hamstring) and then hustle up to the gym to train clients. In short: my hair was on fire, my blog was on fire.
How I would have expected to feel
So you would think that my life and brain would be on fire, right?
But it wasn’t.
I have had far more anxiety about servers failing at other times (like when Jetpack says it isn’t loading) and other issues than when this was going on. There was frustration, of course, but in the moment, I was able to accept because I had no choice. Sure, I could follow up on my conversation with tech to a certain degree, but honestly, I had other fish to fry, and I had to give it my best. As the problems have persisted, I have also persisted in trying to fix them, but I have been oddly at peace with the whole thing.
So, big ups to my anxiety for stepping up by stepping down!
3) Let’s talk about 13 Reasons Why. When I couldn’t do blog work on Wednesday night, Alex adn I watched the first episode. And that will likely be the only episode. I wasn’t impressed. I mean, seriously, whose parents are that dumb and inept? Do teenagers really act like that? I even discussed with Alex (who had a different school environment than I did) for a reality check, and he was as confused as me. I felt sorry for the main boy, but otherwise? I didn’t like any of the characters (and Hannah Baker was kind of a bitch).
Obviously, that is my two cents, but I wasn’t impressed.
4) My shifts at work this week were great–I felt like I hit my stride in many ways, and I really felt like I stepped up in a big way on Tuesday night, which ended up being a GREAT night. It was another 33k steps day! So what did I do? Chowed down on staff meal… then headed home to have a luna bar and my new personal record for number of bowls of cereal at any one time: 4.
That said, they were chocolate Love Grown Power O’s, so I was getting bean power 😀
5) The end of April is FLYING, and the beginning of May is RIGHT UP IN MY GRILL. The first 2 weeks of May are going to be pretty crazy–I get tested to start the next stage of my Infertility Protocol. I want to make sure that the site is fixed before I post about it (because I don’t want to lose those posts!), but things might be getting in motion. Oh, and Alex’s best friends arrive (I adore these boys) next week in the midst of it all… and then I leave for my Spyder activation! Don’t tell my doctors….
This weekend, I will be coaching Team Challenge, Brunching and Walking with Sweat Pink, working, then going to a photography workshop on Sunday morning! The next few weekends are going to be CRAY.
Thank you all for your patience as I sort out blog issues, and don’t be afraid to comment–I will repost any comments that you make if they get lost! LOVE Y’ALL
Have you ever had a moment that you expected would set you off NOT set you off?
What is your record for bowls of cereal eaten at once?
Is May gonna be Cray?