A MEGA jewelry deal, a little clarification, and thoughts on a baby shower? It’s the Friday Catch Up!
You might have missed: Have I Run My Last Marathon?
Friday Catch Up
1) Thank you for all the comments on my post from Wednesday. I really, truly, sincerely am OK with the whole “maybe I won’t run another marathon” thing. I really didn’t mean for it to come across as so dramatic! I meant it more in the sense that we all have to make decisions, and sometimes you have to make decisions that mean turning a new chapter. I still have every intention of running–I had so much fun running reduced mileage this summer at gentler paces, and plus, I’m not so sure that a baby wants to go for hour+ runs anyway!
And as one of my great friends said–I am both a realist and a dreamer. That is so true. Right now, I am being very realistic about the whole thing… but of course I still dream that I’ll do Boston or NYC. But if I don’t? I’m living my dream right now, being pregnant and starting a family.
2) One of my first initiatives with Landon Lacey Jewelry has started! Not only are we already working with local bloggers and planning a shopping party, but we are now on Gilt City! This was big for me, because I LOVE Gilt City, and I thought that it would be a great place to host the brand for an awesome sale. Whether you are local to Chicago or not, check it out! Seriously, GORGEOUS jewelry at a ridiculous price.
3) Apart from a few things, it has been a relatively quiet week around here, especially after the week with the in-laws. It has been both good and bad, in that regard. After Remicade on Monday, I stopped by the restaurant and was able to catch up with some of my ladies, which was great. I still have dreams of going back for a few shifts after Thanksgiving, but the realist in me says cool your jets, boo. We’ll see, but I’m not going to push things. Hopefully, the jewelry stuff will pick up as well during December so I will be busy with that. I’ll also be 7 months pregnant by then (HOLY COW), so there is just the practicality of the whole enterprise.
4) Alex and I are also starting to plan a baby shower! He was originigally going to plan it himself and surprise me (awwww), but then he realized he had no idea where to start, and also that he has an insane schedule that basically made it an impossibility. So now we are going to do it together. Problem? We have no money and not enough room in our apartment. Luckily, a great riend has already volunteered her place, and I think I am just going to make it potluck style.
Though I more-than-kinda want to have it Dylan’s Candy Bar.Help me plan my baby shower!Click To Tweet
But it promises to be a great mix of friends–doctors, servers, bloggers, runners. A motley crue if there ever was one.
What time of day should we have it? Brunch? Mid PM?
5) I haven’t mentioned it here, but I’ve been sick as a dog for the past week. A MAJOR chest cold. Basically, I got sick when Mom was here, then Alex got sick with the flu, then he got this junk, and right as I was getting back to normal, I got his junk (….you know what I mean). So mid-last-week, I got hella chest and head cold sick, and between the two of us, we have been coughing and coughing up like maniacs. Yesterday was the first day that I actually heard my normal voice in a week.
I’m hoping that by Monday, I might be well for the first time in 4.5 weeks (at that point)? Or I will just have something else to complain about. There is always hope for that! ;D
Alright, I’m off to eat ice cream. That’s right, folks, after not craving or really wanting it at all in months (remember my pregnancy cravings and aversions), Alex got me back on the nightly ice cream train. DAMN HIM.
Have a great weekend! I am going to spend it with my boy 😀
Oh, and Yoshi (as she kicks me). And Ridley (as she nudges me with a toy). And Zoe (as I can hear her hacking in the bedroom).
Who else has gotten the cold recently?
Baby Shower thoughts?
If you have someone in your life with a November birthday and you haven’t tried to win that necklace…