I’m leaving on a jet plane! Find out where I am going (and with who!) + suggestions for new podcasts, snacks, and updates! What is currently interesting you?
Currently… (May 2017)
Depending on when you are reading this, I might be in the air! This weekend, I am flying out to Lake Tahoe thanks to Spyder and Shape Magazine for a weekend of adventures in the outdoors with Spyder Pro Ambassador Amie Engerbresten and a few other Spyder Ambassadors. I am beyond honored to be a part of this trip, to be a representative of this company, and to be invited on this trip!
Currently looking forward to…
A few days totally suspended from real life in a beautiful setting surrounded by incredible people. With everything going on in my life right now and the ensuing brain fog, I need not so much of a break (because right now, I really don’t need too much time with my thoughts!) as a break from normal life.
Currently indulging in…
Not thinking. March and the start of April were rough mentally for me, especially before I got consistent with my running, with work, and starting my hormones. Now I have a schedule that takes me from one thing to the next to the next, and particularly during the first half of the week, I don’t have much extra time at all, even with Alex. Which can mean that we have some pretty serious conversations when I do see him, but it also means that come the weekend, I am tuckered out. Right now is about survival mentally and taking the best possible care of myself physically.
That is part of the reason that I am really looking forward to my trip to Tahoe–I am excited to be told where to be, when.
Currently lovingly bidding adieu to…
Running. I really needed it last month, and it was there for me. It helped me keep my appetite up, my stress and attitude more regulated, structure to my days, and it made certain that I took impeccable care of myself. But now is time to bid it adieu for a time as my body focuses its energies on other pursuits.
Currently trying to get back into…
Yoga! With the travel that is going to be coming in the next few weeks, I am not going to try to get back on a serious strength training regimen, but I do really want to take advantage of the fact that I can do yoga this time around since I am not doing an ovarian stimulation. My goal is to do a least a little yoga every day, hopefully up to 30 minutes.
Allllright, so let’s get to the more frivolous things!
Currently listening to…
Finding more new podcasts!
- You already know about the most moving one in my life (that I HIGHLY recommend) Terrible, Thanks for Asking.
- I also just discovered that Anna Faris has a podcast Unqualified, and I think she is adorable! It is like a combination of Totally Laime and Totally Married, if you have listened to those (or heard me talk about them) aka a first half of both funny and serious discussion with famous people (from Sharon Stone to Joel McHale) and then a second half of two callers and discussing their situations. I find it interesting to hear what others think about situations and to then consider my own thoughts!
- Dinner Party Download, which is how I found Terrible, Thanks for Asking. It calls itself the “Arts and Leisure Section of American Public Media” and that is exactly what it is. Each episode starts with a joke/one liner, then a current topic, a history lesson + a cocktail inspired by it, interview, discussion + etiquette, music/playlist (the sections are called things like “Small Talk” and “Guest of Honor”). The guests are everyone from Rupaul (amazing) to Anthony Bourdain to Nick Offerman. A great selection of topics and conversation starters, and perfect for road trips, because you are never bored!
- S-Town. Just binge listened to it. What a story and a complex human being!
- Throwing Shade. If you are interested in Feminist or LGBTQ issues but want it with a side of quick witted sass, listen to this podcast!
- Other podcasts that I have added but not listened to: Burn Your Passport, Magic Lessons with Elizabeth Gilbert, and The Hilarious World of Depression. I will let you know what I think!
Currently eating on repeat…
Wilde bars, Nugo Slim Toasted Coconut bars, the cornbread from work, Slow Cooker Italian Chicken Marinara, healthy banana bread muffins (new Protein Banana Nut Bread recipe coming at you tomorrow!)…. and fries 😀Tons of new #podcasts + updates on what is #currently hot in Suz's life! @spyder #sweatpink #fitfam Click To Tweet
I think that is enough for now… and you guys have quite a few podcasts to get listening to! Talk to you all later! Be sure to follow me on Instagram (@the_suzlyfe) for updates from the weekend!
Any other new podcasts that I should add to the list?
What is currently keeping you going?
Have you ever been to Lake Tahoe?
Linking up with Amanda!