Behold a recipe for easy zucchini fritters that takes just a few minutes for a completely satisfying and delicious way to use up all that zucchini! Perfect if you have a CSA or farmshare! I’m also wrapping up my week with the Friday Catch Up.
Posts You Might Have Missed
- Currently Loving Giveaway (Last day to Enter!)
- Work Hard; Recharge (Weekend Recap)
- Currently: A Week of Fitness + Work + Recovery (Coaches Corner)
Friday Catch Up
1) It is so weird seeing all of these pictures of people at Blogfest and IDEA World Fitness Convention and not being there! I’m sad to be missing so many blogging friends, all of the delicious noms, and of course, the fitness and blogging education, but I am pumped to know that I am still going to see my Sweat Pink ladies in a few weeks at the Empower Race! Who else is going to be there?
2) To say that Alex’s first week on inpatient consulting service has been an immersion is a vast understatement. He’s been getting home between 7-9 each night so far and leaving at 6:15 in the morning. It is a steep learning curve–now he is kind of caught in the middle as a fellow–on the one hand in charge of residents, etc, on the other hand, having to coordinate with the attendings, and then with anesthesia and other services in a way that he never had to do during residency. AND he is still working out during all of this. Oh, and he has to do research papers and reviews (thanks to his advisor/mentor) as well.
Thank goodness he doesn’t start weekend call (when he could potentially be called into the hospital during the week aka work all weekend as well) until late August (right after we get back from a wedding). This is at the very least helping him transition.
3) I’m cleaning out house! In the past week, we sold my beloved car to one of my beloved friends (which is, honestly, pretty exciting) + I sold my DSLR (I don’t use it and I’m honestly not going to!) + I’m gathering up other things to sell. Who doesn’t need to get rid of the excess and pick up a little cash?
I really am going to miss my car. Tally has been amazing to me, but I’m so happy to have her going to such a good home.
That said, the rest of my apartment is a cluster, of course.
4) I love the show Good Bones. Mina and Karen are mother daughter goals. They are also just genuine people goals. I really really hope they on’t become like every other successful show out there, and too aware of the cameras and whatnot. I used to love Rehab Addict, but then she became a big ole star, and the list goes on.
I also love their long flowing red hair.
5) Our CSA cup runneth over, and I needed new ways to use all of the beautiful produce. This week, we received a GIGANTIC cabbage (seriously, I took a picture, but it doesn’t do it justice), 4 HUGE cucumbers, zucchini, kale, arugula, beets, and kohlrabi. Here is what I’ve been making!
CSA Recipe Ideas
- Cheesy Summer Squash Fritters (Gluten Free).
- Pattypan Squash Marinara with Chicken. SO simple: Chopped and sauteed pattypan squash with grilled chicken, marinara sauce and fresh basil (from our CSA) and parm (if you like). Also more zoodles with the same set up! This was our Sunday Supper, served alongside the next recipe.
- Zucchini cornbread muffins! I went off of this recipe but added garlic powder and didn’t use protein powder.
- Napa cabbage slaw with fresh cilantro for chicken tacos
- Omelets with fresh dill.
- Asian Inspired Cilantro Turkey Burgers
New This week:
- Easy Zucchini Fritters
- Garden Kale Soup (based on this Chicken Kale Soup)
- Kohlrabi Cabbage Slaw with Citrus Vinaigrette (sooooo easy too!)
- Simple cooked cabbage. The easiest thing EVER and so freaking delicious. For our (so far) ONLY dinner together this workweek, I sauteed some beef sausage with onion and then combined with cooked cabbage and a little mustard for a delicious dinner I’ve also enjoyed the cabbage with chicken and some pan cooked jalapeno!
Ok Ok, Now for the recipe!
Easy Zucchini Fritters (Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
When I say that these are easy, I MEAN IT. Does it get easier than 5-6 ingredients? The first time I made these, I also added fresh dill, and that was an awesome choice. so if you have it, add it.
These are zucchini fritters hearty and easy to make, easier to eat, and they reheat like a charm. I haven’t tried freezing and then reheating them yet, though, but I would imagine that it would be like thawing my zucchini muffins, which thaw perfectly.Need CSA recipe ideas? Make these EASY Zucchini Fritters! #glutenfree #recipe #sweatpink Click To Tweet
This recipe for easy Zucchini Fritters is the base recipe, but in the recipe notes are way to kick up the flavor a notch! Or just add ketchup 😀 Whatever you do, don’t get intimidated–make these easy zucchini fritters!
Easy Zucchini Fritters (Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
|Prep:||Cook:||Yield: 12 fritters||Total:|
These gluten free easy zucchini fritters are delicious, healthy, and adaptable to your favorite flavors. The perfect summer side to use up your CSA summer produce!
- 1-2 zucchini, shredded
- 3/4 cup gluten free cornmeal (about 100g)
- 1/4 cup gluten free chickpea flour (about 30g)
- 1 egg + 1/4-1/3 cup liquid egg whites OR 1/2 cup liquid egg whites
- 1 TBSP gluten free grainy mustard
- Salt + Pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly.* **
- Heat skillet to medium heat. When hot, coat with cooking spray or oil. Spoon out desired amount of fritter batter (I like mine about 2.5 in diameter) and press down to flatten to about 1/2-3/4 in thickness. Cover with pan top and let cook for 2-3 minutes, or until browned on the bottom and turning opaque throughout.
- Flip fritters, press down, recover, and continue cooking another 2 minutes.
- Remove, serve with desired dipping sauces, and enjoy!
*You may need more or less liquid or flour(s) depending on the amount of zucchini and also the wetness of the zucchini. If you have freshly shredded zucchini that you haven't pressed the moisture out of, you may need more flour. Additionally, as the batter sets, more liquid will come out due to the salt. The result will still be delicious!
Fresh herbs (dill, cilantro, rosemary, basil)
Garlic or garlic powder
How could they be any easier?!
Have a great weekend, friends. I’m working a double tomorrow, but Alex and I will have all Sunday together. Also, COME BACK MONDAY FOR A HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT.
What are some of your favorite ways to use up summer produce?
Which Recipes are You Interested in Me Sharing? (if any)
What are you up to this weekend?