Howdy, everyone! We meet another Friday and another Friday Catch Up with some of the greatest moments of the week, including my opportunity to inspire others and a discount for YOU to be spoiled!
Posts You Might Have Missed:
- If I Could Repeat a Day (Weekend Recap)
- Copycat Cherry Limeade Protein Smoothie (GF, V) (Coaches Corner)
Friday Catch Up
1) I have to start off this post with a really amazing moment for me, and one that I was so fortunately and grateful to share with Alex and several really important and special people in my life. Wednesday I got to speak at the spin4 Crohn’s and Colitis Cures event in Wheeling, IL to tell my story and connect a face to the disease and why each of the teams was pedaling their hearts out in the name of a cure.
I really wish I had taken pictures, that I had gotten Alex to film it, but, well, I didn’t… luckily, it was a moment I will never forget, even if I totally have blacked out one what I said. What I do know is that it seemed very well received, and that a room that was congested with talking at the beginning was in silence by the end.We can all bring a room to silence--just tell your story from the heart #crohnssucks Click To Tweet
I applaud the participants and fundraisers above all. I will never be able to thank them for what they are doing: providing funding for critical research, yes, but for giving myself and all of my fellow IBD’ers hope that we may have a future free of pain and fear. That we can have a future, that we can have future families.
2) The change in my schedule (which allowed me to take the speaking engagement) has already proven so beneficial to my mental and physical well being. I loved my clients dearly, but not having the stress of trying to get to the gym in the midst of horrific traffic etc made a huge difference in my mental outlook for the week. It is also enabling me to get back to something that I’ve not been able to indulge in for some time….
3) ClassPass! This weekend, I saw a Facebook ad for a huge Anniversary Sale for ClassPass that I couldn’t pass up, and with the change in my hours, I knew that I would be able to use it! So, as several of you saw on Tuesday, I rejoined and then headed to Studio Lagree (which you know I LOVE) on Tuesday–even though, oops, I went to the wrong locations, lol. But they were great and found me a spot in the next class!– and Pure Barre on Thursday!
Furthermore, after weeks and weeks of not really working out because of my schedule and my medical scare, I got cleared to return to high impact exercise like running, so this week, I laced up my Mizuno Wave Skys and ran to my classes and ran home (so… slowly!) from the classes. I have been so excited about getting back to pilates, yoga, and barre, and they have proven to be the right way to do it–perfectly scale-able without being too high impact as I get my body moving again!
That said, I came home after running to/from Studio Lagree + class, refueled, and promptly took a nap. LOL!
4) Fun fact about me: I LOVE IRENE’S BISCOTTI. I can only find it at one Whole Foods, and you can bet that, if I let myself buy it, I will eat the entire box that day, if not at once. I have no shame, and you can’t make me feel any over it.
My favorite is the Pistachio Vanilla, the Chocolate, then the Cranberry. But I really don’t care, bring them all to me.
Another fun fact, Irene’s Biscotti goes EXCEPTIONALLY well with froyo. In addition to your other toppings. Just saying.
5) I have been SUPER spoiled this week, thanks to Cooked Chicago. You may remember my trying Cooked a few years ago–and I was obsessed with their Som Tom Green Papaya Salad–but they reconnected with me earlier this summer to try out their new meal plans and juices. Remembering how much I loved them before, I was super excited to try them again! And boy, have I been impressed with their new initiatives and dishes!
I went with their Whole30 5-day Meal Plan, which includes 5 lunches and 5 dinners, delivered in 2 batches for maximum freshness. The menu changes weekly, so you are never bored! My favorite dishes so far have been the Mahi Mahi Fish Taco Bowl with Cauliflower Rice and Jicama Slaw, Catfish and Potato Salad, and the Vietnamese Style Pork Chop with Herb and Zoodle Salad. Oh, and I loved the BBQ Beef Salad!
These dishes have been a Godsend for me at my job–now I always know that I will have something delicious and nutritious (seriously!), made with clean, fresh, whole ingredients. This is especially important at the restaurant, when staff meal can be… questionable and we don’t get a meal at the end of the night!
And the juices? Delicious. The Cucumber Lemonade was perfect after coming home from my workout.
If you live in the Chicago Area, I have an awesome opportunity for you! DISCOUNT TIME!
SUZCOOKS – $10 off any purchase (plus free shipping) of $20 or more (can be used for anything at CookedChicago.com)
SUZSIPS – 40% off either our 1-day or 3-day juice package
There are a ton of different packages (from lunch only to 3, 5, and 7 days of meals delivered to you) and the menu changes all the time. Best of all? No clean up, minimal (if any) effort on your part, and they are DELICIOUS.
Let’s Get Cooking!
Cooked supplied me with a 5 day Whole30 meal plan and a selection of juices for the purpose of review. All opinions are my own!Busy Life? #Whole30? @eatcooked has you covered -> SUZCOOKS for a discount! #healthy Click To Tweet
This weekend is Alex’s last weekend off before he starts fellowship! I have some articles to work on, I have a shift to work, but mostly, we are just going to try to spend as much time together as possible.
Have a great weekend, everyone!
Have you ever been a speaker at a fundraiser or event?
Do you have trouble eating healthy at work?