Good things are coming your way. But sadly, you are going to have to wade through a bunch of nonsense in order to find it. Actually, let me know if you find anything good in there….
1) “I Believe in A Thing Called Love” has been stuck in my head on and off for 3 days now. You’re welcome.
Glad that I’m not the only one now. I hope it at least brightens up your day a bit!
2) I have worn the exact same thing every day this week, only slightly different: Skinny jeans, boots, button down/thermal, pashmina, quilted jacket. No shame. Similar to my outfit from last Friday, but less sass and less lycra.
Ok, I take it back. Same amount of sass.
3) I am going to try to keep the fitness shtuff to a minimum, and I don’t want to jinx it, but I am loving the Newtons. LOVING THEM. My morning mile in them is kind of my fave thing. I’ve had 2 evening workout event/meeting things the past few nights, so thus the morning mile so that I can break them in. And because I’m a little too excited about them.
4) So we had Panera catered to the office yesterday for the “Lunch and Learn” for one of the architecture firms. Let’s just say, they over ordered. I helped them out. Alex is now the proud recipient of a half Bacon Turkey Bravo, half an asiago steak, and half a veggie (sans veggies because I ate them but with the feta and hummus and the amazing bread). Also, did you know that Panera now has baked chips?????
Also, they brought an entire Cinnamon Swirl Coffee Cake. After the pumpkin spice donuts that were brought in for someone’s bday Tuesday. I brought Alex a half. I had to send him a text that I was bringing them to him so that I wouldn’t eat his half. I had my half at work. With the stashed cookie butter. WINNING.
5) You know you love someone when you offer them your tub of Jif Pumpkin Spice Peanut Butter Whips. (psst, buy it on the right!)
THAT MEANS SOMETHING SARA.
6) Some fun things that I found yesterday while patrolling around the internet (ie Huffington Post) for stuff for my work twitter account.
Could you die? They are all amazing.
You know my philosophy on living in the now. Do it. Savor it. The only “rue” I can stand behind is one that I can stand on. In Paris, thank you.
As questions. Be fearless (within reason). And finger paint often. Safety scissors and knives are also a good idea for some.
7) In one of the episodes in the 4th season, Rory wears a shirt that I used to have and loved. And she wears it for a lot of the episode. Kinda trippy. Also made me zing back to my polo wearing days (Senior year, that was just about all that I wore).
8) Remember how I am organizing the Charity Flag Football Tournament for my work? Well, let’s just say that I am boss at picking out prizes. I had some amazing ones, but they were too girly (these are for dudes), if you know what I mean. I kind of want to win the biggest prize for myself.
It is a Helicopter Tour of Chicago for Two. I WANNNNNT.
Actually, I also want to win the massage, hotel stay, personal training sessions, restaurant gift cards, sports tickets, and night at Lucky Strike (among others).
and don’t worry, I’ve got you all covered, too. Stay tuned for another giveaway that you won’t want to miss!
9) I’ve been back to having oats again now that I’m not running (other than my 1 mile) in the morning. I wish I had some cherries, but otherwise I’m making my Cherry Apple Pie Oats every morning and it is a thing of beauty and glory.
Like having Saturday morning every morning.
10)Edited to add: Apparently our media team wants to put blog subscription back on hold. Cool, guys, thanks for telling me. So, you can’t subscribe to the blog, but please check it out and look out for new posts every Tuesday and Thursday!
Totally shameless plug. You can now subscribe to my work blog! I am the sole writer, and who knows, you might find yourself referenced every now and then! Of course, there are Chicago-centric posts, but the majority are focused on lifestyle and decor. Some examples:
Have you ever won something really cool in a raffle? What was it?
Are you settling into the boots/jeans/pashmina pattern too?
What do you look for in a lifestyle blog?
I believe in a thing call love….