Your summer needs these five ingredient pesto turkey burgers. And because I can’t cook (or refill water bottles, make coffee, etc), maybe bring me some?
Don’t miss my 6 Qualities of Confident Runners! The tips go for more than just runners.
Check out my current favorites and other currently news?
Five Ingredient Pesto Turkey Burgers (Gluten Free)
I created these thinking that they would be a recipe for the blog, then made them pretty quickly, realized how simple they were, and reconsidered. Now I am back to tell you all how to make them because they are seriously that amazing. And easy. And healthy. AKA you need to make these pesto turkey burgers.
I know that a lot of people don’t have great luck with cooking turkey. I’ll admit: I’ve overcooked a turkey dish or two. But if you have tried my Healthy Turkey Meatballs with Italian Herbs recipe and followed my ground turkey cooking method, you know that ground turkey can be delicious and moist (yeah, I know) and incredibly flavorful. This recipe takes advantage of the moisture and fat provided by the pesto to make the burgers even more tender and flavorful.
Not able to do oil, or cheese? No worries, go back to basics, add in what you can. Can’t have garlic, all you need is parmesan, basil, nuts of choice, and olive oil and pulse in a food processor; can’t have something else? Take it apart and put it back together!
But, if you really do keep to the recipe, you only really need 5 ingredients because the store bought pesto has so much within it. Then you can make a 5 ingredient burger from the patty and a few toppings! (See the recipe for suggestions). Alright, enough chatter: enjoy my Pesto Turkey Burgers!
- 1 lb Ground Turkey
- 1/8-1/4 cup favorite store bought Pesto (gluten free)
- 1/8 cup chopped Sundried Tomato
- 1/2-1 TBSP Red Pepper Flake
- Salt + Pepper to taste
- Combine ingredients in a large bowl and incorporate ingredients throughout.
- Form into three 5+ oz patties (my favorite size for cooking). Indent the center with your thumb and salt the exterior.
- Let sit for at least 5 minutes at room temperature before cooking.
- Cook on medium heat in a cooking spray greased grill, grill pan, or skillet for 3-5 minutes (until it is opaque halfway through). Flip and cover with lid or foil to finish cooking, an additional 3-5 minutes, depending. Finished burger will be firm but not hard. If you are adding cheese (like more parm!), add the cheese 3 minutes after you flip the patties, splash the cooking surface with water, and cover with lid.
- The healthy choices don't stop with the burger patties! I served with fresh tomato, grilled onion, and Parmesan cheese wrapped in raw Swiss Chard. They were incredible!
Someone please make these for me? And then bring me some? PLEASE???I'm totally making these pesto turkey burgers this weekend #YUM #glutenfree #healthyrecipe Click To Tweet
Extra credit if you wrap them in farmer’s market Swiss Chard like I did. SO amazing.
Turkey burgers: love or hate?
Have you ever been without a kitchen for any amount of time? How long, and any funny stories?