You all are going to get some true random this week. And I can’t even blame it on Spoons; nope, this is alllll my crazy. I do thank her for legitimizing it, though.
1) Today is purportedly the first day of Spring. You hear that, Chicago? THE FIRST DAY OF SPRING!!
I’ll believe that it’s Spring (and yes, Spring gets capitalization because it is a mythical beast along with Chupacabra and Loch Ness Monster) when I have more than just 1 day at a time of palatable temps.
edited to add: and it’s snowing. FML.
2) I made International Nachos last night. Come back tomorrow for a great and relatively simple #strangebutgood recipe.
3) So as I am studying for my NASM certification, I am having to go back to the good old bio/body sciences. As in, back to the muscular, nervous, skeletal, endocrine, cardiovascular, and respiratory systems. I thought I graduated from 6th grade! Don’t say anything about my maturity–I was smart enough to get through sixth grade, that is all. And I took marine bio in high school, and over the summer.
4) I have a few advantages in this scenario: runner, rider, familiar with injuries due to activity, a chronic illness, and a doctor-husband. However, Alex likes to try to be “helpful” and “educate” me. He takes the base of whatever I am working on and tries to relate it to the ridiculous things that he deals with/sees in the M-ICU. Um. Yeah. As I told Caitlin yesterday, it’s like trying to explain fartleks, Yasso 800s, and myofascial release to people who took track in grade school, jog or work out, but have never touched Runner’s World. Not Successful.
5) Further on the subject of studying, Alex thinks it’s hilarious that I go and study places without buy a coffee or whatever. Whatever, it’s economical and gets me out of the house. And it’s not like I never ever buy things; I just don’t feel the need to all the time.
6) I hate monkeys. I really really really really don’t like them. Apes and gorillas are fine, but I don’t like the spindly ones or Chimps or Orangs or the other ones that everyone finds cute. NO. I had a very overactive imagination as a child, saw Outbreak way too young (thanks, Mom), and monkeys became the harbingers of Ebola, which I was certain that I would get. And there would be no Rene Russo, Dustin Hoffman, Morgan Freeman, and Cuba Gooding Jr to save me. Also–Alex being “helpful” again–it is laughable the way they formulate a cure. So basically: we’d all be screwed. Oh, and did I mention I’m from Atlanta, the home of the Center for Disease Control, ie WHERE THEY KEEP THE MOST DEADLY DISEASES IN THE WORLD??? Hashtag scarredforlife
7) Have I mentioned I’M GOING HOME TO ATL THIS WEEKEND AND I GET TO SPEND IT WITH MY MOOOOOMMMMMYYYYYY???? Well let me mention it again: I’M GOING HOME THIS WEEKEND AND I GET TO SPEND IT WITH MY MOOOOOMMMMMYYYYY!!!
8) I’ve never walked a half marathon before. This is going to be interesting from a clothing stand point. Also, to rep Team Challenge, or to rep Swirlgear? The colors that I have will clash if worn together. Decisions.
9) I hate bills. And I hate paying bills when I don’t have a job. Mostly because they are all related to me, and I feel responsible. Also, I need to do my taxes. CRAP.
10) NCAA sh** gets real this weekend. God I hope that UVA does well. We had an incredible season, but people only remember the results of the tourney. WAHOOWAH boys! Also, Coach Bennett is a gem of a guy–I waited on him and his wife when I worked at Orzo and they were great.
Well, fools, that’s all I’ve got for now. Have a fantastic day until next we meet!
Are you rooting for anyone in particular for March Madness?
Do you have any irrational animal fears? WERE THEY THE RESULT OF YOUR MOTHER??