It’s been a relatively chill week, but we are still chugging along! Friday Catch Up time!
Friday Catch Up
1) First of all, thank you so much for all the love on our Maternity Photos, which I posted last week. The swing was the big winner!
The hammock pictures were the second place finishers, and those are my favorites.
2) The artwork for Yoshi’s room came this week! I am in LOVE with it, and I can’t wait until we can hang it up and share it with you! I can only show you part of it, because the other piece that I ordered has her name in it, I also ordered some 8×10 canvases from groupon (like I did with our wedding photos) and I want to do a couple of the maternity pictures with that. But I can’t decide if I want all of those to be maternity pictures or what. #firstworldnurseryproblems
3) Speaking of the Yoshter, it has been an active week for my uterus. I had Braxton Hicks all day Sunday and was horribly uncomfortable, and since then, either she is moving, or my uterus is seizing. They are total false labor moves, though–pretty classic Braxton Hicks. I’ve even popped on the elliptical a few times (short amounts, easy peasy) or gone for walks, and the movement definitely helps.
My 38 week appointment was pretty par for the course–I actually lost a little weight (most likely water weight; I am now right back on the original track). Starting to efface, but no big moves on Yoshi’s part to make an appearance. I told my doc about my friends that are going 41 and more weeks, and we both agreed that going over my due date by more than a few days was unlikely.
Also speaking of, CONGRATULATIONS to my friends who gave birth this week! It is raining babies, Halleliujah!
4) I took yesterday off, basically. Ridley got a walk, I ate, and I took one hell of a
coma nap. It was a good day as any to do it–gross and rainy all day. So actually probably a bad day to do it, because I could have been productive inside while it was disgusting outside. Oooohhh well. Not sorry. One bit.
Meanwhile, Alex is in the middle of a 12 day work binge. This weekend Alex is on call, but I am going to meet up with my friends from the restaurant for a little get together before their shifts on Saturday! I’ve missed my buds!
5) I have had some moments of productivity, though! I made a TON of food for Alex for this week and weekend, and I also hard core adulted and did things like get a new toilet seat, light bulbs, dog food, and vacuum (delivered, don’t get too impressed). But I did leg it to get groceries a few times. And on Tuesday, I got my hair did and took Ridley to get her body did! She smelled. SO BADLY. before. So fresh and so clean after 😀
And then of course it got warmer, the snow started to melt, and then it rained, so her bath was basically for nothing. But at least she smells better.
My annual haircut is courtesy of a Groupon and Jacob of Studio Within! Cute little place, and Jacob was adorable. I think he did a great job! He gave my sometimes ornery hair soft shape in the back, and I’ll be able to let it just kind of do its thing.
I also coordinated a big reunion for Alex’s and my families this summer so that everyone in the nuclear families on both sides can see the kiddo. Both Alex’s and my own parents are coming for Yoshi’s birth (or the immediate aftermath, depending on how much warning and how long long it takes), then my mom is coming for February (and Alex will have the first 2 weeks of February off, and my brother is going to come up at some point during that time (and maybe my dad?). Those are all of the visits that I know for sure, so I wanted to make sure that everyone got a chance to see Yoshi when she is more engaging and engage-able.
SO DC AREA FRIENDS–let me know if you are in the area the first week of June!
That’s all I’ve got for you today. Have a good one, my friends!
Are you going to be in DC at the beginning of June?
How often a year do you get your hair cut?